Note: this was the process that was completed prior to the beginning of the 2015 – 2016 school year. The content below is provided for informational purposes only.
Project Cam Opener is a personalized professional learning experience for DPS teachers & leaders who use video to engage in growth-based reflective practice with opportunities for collaborative, cross-district online communities and face-to-face supports.
- A customized video toolkit comprised of the devices you want and need
- A network of support made up of fellow teachers and leaders
- A Personalized Professional Learning Plan (PPLP) to support your goals for both using the toolkit and improving your practice
- May 11: Applications due (midnight)
- April 28 – May 18: Feedback & Application Iteration
- May 26: Notifications Sent
- June 8-10: Cam Opener Kickoff events during Digital Educator Academy
Ready to learn more?
Jump in to the All About Cam Opener Interactive Experience which will walk you through everything you need to know!
Submit your application by May 11th at midnight!
Don’t forget to share the link to your proposal document in the Project Cam Opener Google+ Community and with anyone you’d like to receive feedback from. You’ll have until May 18 to revise your proposal based on the feedback you receive, so be sure to share the document far & wide!
If you know a teacher or leader who would be great for this project, or who you’d love to collaborate with, invite them to submit their own proposal by visiting us here at PPL.dpsk12.org
Check out these video examples to see what Project Cam Opener is all about…
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time if you have questions or feedback about this project. We’d love to hear from you!